Sunday, November 7, 2010

not one but two ... part two

I have decided to start attending a second church.

Before you assume that I must be extremely pious, let me state my motivations for my choice.

I love the church I'm at right now. I love the people, and I've invested there. I don't want to leave. However, I have come to a point where I might begin losing my sanity if I don't find Christian friends. I simply can't do this whole loner thing anymore. I want to have people that I can relate to, that I can be real with. That's hard at my current church because of the fact that they all appear to be married. I am planning to go back to the other big church that I visited in September in hopes of getting plugged into a twenty-somethings (preferably single) group.

I would just go to the on campus group thing and get plugged into a small group with them, but to be honest, I need to be in a small group with people that are past college age, and that can't happen with a campus ministry composed of college students. I know I'm still going to school, but my friends from back home are all graduated from college now, and, let's face it...I'm at a slightly different place in life than a college freshman.

And so, I am going back to that big church because I know they have Saturday night services, so it won't conflict with my current committments. :)

1 comment: