Tuesday, May 28, 2013

[cheesy title alert] blessed to be a blessing

Tonight my heart breaks for the people in my life whose hearts are broken.  Tonight my heart breaks because we use each other so easily, because we get so caught up in our reflection that we leave a wake of destruction in our path.  Tonight my heart breaks because the blessing isn't always enough to go around, because sometimes there's nothing I can do to ease the ache of another.  Tonight my heart breaks because this world is broken and confusing and the good people don't always win.  Tonight my heart breaks because I'm not always among the good, because the good and the bad so easily become intertwined.

It's nights like tonight when there's nothing much left to do but to listen, to allow my heart to break, and to pray.  To offer a shoulder and then trust that Jesus will be there to carry them through this storm.  It's nights like tonight when the blessings in my life feel so undeserved and so incredibly burdensome.  Why me, God?  How am I worthy of this?  I'm not, of course.  And that's what hurts the most.  There's seemingly no rhyme or reason to God's blessings.  They just fall from heaven and I'm left to do my best to be a blessing to those around me.

And maybe that's the miracle of it.

Because God has bestowed such blessing on me, His love enables me to be that light to another.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Marilee,
    Thank you for being such an incredible person. This post really touched my heart.
    Just wanted you to know.
    Always,
    India

    ReplyDelete