Tuesday, August 10, 2010

torn in a good way

The fast-forward has occurred, and there are now only 28 more days until I leave for the West.

The Boundary Waters trip was incredible. I wasn't expecting much more than a week to spend with my sister in a place I have loved spending time, and I got so much more. God blessed me deeply. I was able to find such peace in that place, peace that has followed me home. I made some great friends and learned to appreciate so much more the people that I call my church family. I will miss them incredibly much when I leave in September. I had a break from work, which I didn't even realize how much I needed. And I was able to spend some time thinking and praying that I don't usually spend. God is good. :)

Now I find myself on the brink of a completely different phase of life. 28 days is not long - four weeks from today in fact. Four short weeks. So much is going to be packed into those weeks, and I know that they will go all too quickly. I find myself at this place of being torn. Especially after forming so many bonds with people here on the canoe trip. I am also so ready to go to school, so ready to meet the people that God has for me out there, so ready to live this next phase of my life out. So many people have told me lately that they are praying for me and my upcoming relocation...and I am feeling more and more strongly with each passing day that God truly is in control. I have always felt like God had his hand on my decisions, but I am more and more convinced that He is intimately involved in the details of this move, and that He has people out there that he wants me to meet. I'm excited to see what He has in store for me. I desire only to serve Him with every breath...with my studies, with my future career, with my friendships, and with every facet of my life. I feel so unworthy to be called by God into such a career...to be called to anything, for that matter. And yet I am. To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment